Window sticking? Chips on its exterior? If so, it is time that you contacted our professionals. At Fix It!®, we provide a variety of home window repair and window installation services that can get your windows working correctly in no time at all. In cases where the window needs a full replacement, we can work with you to remove your old ones and get the new ones installed correctly and quickly.
No project is too small for the Fix It!® team! Call us to learn more about the different services that we provide. We are comfortable with all kinds of sash and casement windows, and we’re here to help you.
Is It Time to Replace Your Home’s Windows?
Any of the following may be a sign that it is time to replace your windows:
- Panes have moisture on them
- Exteriors are chipped or faded
- Windows do not close or open easily
If you are experiencing any of the above, we can help. While we are skilled at performing all necessary repair services, the truth is that repairs will only extend the value of worn down windows for so long. If you are constantly calling to have your windows fixed, it may be time to consider having them replaced entirely.
Window features to consider
- Low-e glazing: The transparent, heat-reflective metal coating can add 10 to 15 percent to the cost of a window, but can reduce energy loss by 30 to 50 percent.
- Energy Star label: Based on standardized tests of actual products, this label identifies that a window meets threshold efficiency for a given climate zone.
- Stainless steel spacers with a thermal break: Unlike old-style spacers between the panes of insulated glass, these prevent conductive heat loss around pane perimeter.
- Tilt-in sash: Allows easy cleaning without climbing a ladder.
- Wood or plastic composite sash: Stronger than all-vinyl construction.
Every window, no matter how well made, represents a potential entry point for water and a loss of energy. So when having a window installed, make sure it stays weatherproof. Spending a few extra dollars in time and materials in the beginning will save hundreds of dollars’ worth of repairs later on not to mention the amount of savings in heating and cooling costs.